Offering Experience and the Highest Quality of Representation
Over 30 Years of Criminal Law Experience
At the Law Office of Charles C. Cosby, Jr., I dedicate my entire practice to defending people just like you facing serious criminal charges. In every case I handle I am committed to seeking dismissals or reduced charges, seeking acquittals and otherwise minimizing the possibly life-altering consequences that come with a conviction.
Attorney Charles C. Cosby, Jr. has immersed himself in the criminal justice system for over 30 years, and has formerly worked as a prosecutor. His experience on the other side of the courtroom gives him valuable insights into how the prosecution presents different types of cases, thus allowing him to proactively plan his approach around their tactics. Also, his appearances in a variety of jurisdictions over more than a quarter of a century has given him knowledge of how to effectively handle criminal cases that only such experience can bring. He is here to provide high-quality representation that protects your rights, addresses your concerns and yields the best possible result for you.
Our Practice Areas
I offer experienced defense against a wide-range of serious criminal charges, including:
- Drug offenses: allegations of manufacturing, conspiracies to distribute, distributing, trafficking and possession with intent to sell, possession of a firearm while in possession of drugs
- Property offenses: damaging, or stealing money or property or breaking and entering
- Serious traffic offenses: vehicular homicide such as involuntary manslaughter, hit and run, eluding the police, reckless driving, habitual offender
- Sex offenses: sex-related crimes like rape, statutory rape, aggravated sexual battery and sexual battery, child molestation, sodomy, internet sex offenses, various types of sexual penetration crimes
- Juvenile offenses: all manner of offenses, including alcohol-related crimes, drug offenses, property crimes, crimes of violence, and more
- Violent crimes against a person: firearm offenses, aggravated assault, robbery, abduction, riots, manslaughter, murder
- Fraud, embezzlement and larceny: theft by false pretenses, embezzlement, fraud, forgery, uttering, identity theft, credit card theft, worthless check, bank fraud
- Criminal appeals: appellate representation is much different than trial work and must be done with precision and persuasion to be successful
- Felony/Misdemeanor DUI: misdemeanor DUI’s carry up to twelve months in jail and a $2,500 fine, either or both, plus a revocation of license, and three or more DUI/DWI convictions within a ten year period are felonies and could result in up to five years in prison, a lengthy loss of license and substantial fines
- College Students Charged with Offenses
Call me today at 804-780-0311 or send me an e-mail to schedule a consultation to discuss your case. Based in Richmond, the Law Office of Charles C. Cosby, Jr. represents clients throughout the City of Richmond, Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg, Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, Stafford, Mecklenburg etc.; he has handled cases in more than 60 jurisdictions throughout Virginia.